Thick tiles at Ramirro Ceramica, ranging from 5mm to 20mm in thickness, offer a robust and versatile solution for various tiling needs. Unlike standard tiles, these thicker variants provide enhanced durability and strength, making them ideal for high-traffic areas and outdoor applications. Whether you’re renovating a residential space or undertaking a commercial project, understanding the types and uses of thick tiles is essential for achieving a lasting and visually appealing outcome. In this guide, you will delve into the world of thick tiles, exploring their characteristics, types, and the wide array of applications that can benefit from their unique attributes. Discover how thick tiles can elevate your design, add longevity to your surfaces, and bring your tiling visions to life.
- The range of thickness: 5mm to 20mm (Types of Thick Tiles)
- Uses of Thick Tiles | How to choose Tiles
- Advantages of 2 cm Thick Tiles
- How to maintain Thick porcelain Tiles?
- What is Porosity of Thick tiles in porcelain and Ceramic body?
- Where can you buy thick tiles?
- Explore more at Ramirro.com
The range of thickness: 5mm to 20mm (Types of Thick Tiles)
1. Slim Tiles (5mm, 6mm, 7mm)
Slim tiles, with thicknesses ranging from 5mm to 7mm, are the epitome of contemporary design. Their slender profile offers a sleek and modern aesthetic, making them a popular choice for indoor applications. Despite their slim build, these tiles maintain durability and are suitable for use on wall tiles and floors in residential and light-commercial spaces. They are easy to handle, install, and maintain, making them a preferred choice for modern interiors seeking a minimalist, chic look.
Material: Porcelain & Ceramics.
Types: Slim tiles, Subway tiles for kitchen tile backsplash
Read More: https://www.ramirro.com/slim-tiles/
2. Most Popular Tiles for Interior (8mm, 9mm, 10mm)
Tiles ranging from 8mm to 10mm in thickness represent the most common choice for interior applications. This range strikes a balance between durability and practicality, making them versatile for a wide array of uses. From kitchen backsplashes to bathroom walls and floors, these tiles are a go-to option for residential spaces. They offer ample strength to withstand everyday wear and tear while providing design flexibility and ease of installation.
Material: Ceramic Tiles & Porcelain Tiles
Types: Wooden look Planks, Square tiles, Rectangular tiles, Large format tiles, Nano Soluble tiles, Rectified tiles, non slip tiles
3. Heavy Traffic Tiles (15mm, 18mm, 20 mm thick )
When it comes to high-traffic areas or spaces that require exceptional strength, heavy traffic tiles are the answer. Ranging from 15mm to 20mm in thickness aka 1.5 – 2 cm thick porcelain tile, these tiles are built to endure the stresses of heavy use and harsh weather conditions. 20 mm thick porcelain tiles has common applications include outdoor patios, driveways, indoor and outdoor commercial spaces, and industrial floor tile settings. Their robust structure ensures longevity and resistance to damage, making them a valuable investment for areas that experience substantial foot traffic and other loads. Special adhesive are used to secure heavy duty tiles. Don’t use this type of tiles for low foot traffic areas as its expensive and won’t be value for money option.
Body: Porcelain Tiles
Type: Full Body, Colorbody tiles
Uses of Thick Tiles | How to choose Tiles
Thick tiles, with their enhanced durability and versatility, find a wide range of applications across various settings. Here are the common uses of thick tiles in different applications:
1. Residential Spaces:
- Flooring: Thick tiles, especially in the range of 8mm to 10mm, are widely used for flooring in residential spaces. They can withstand the daily wear and tear, providing a long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing flooring option for living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and hallways.
- Bathroom Walls and Floors: The durability of thicker tiles makes them ideal for bathroom walls and floors, where they can handle moisture and frequent cleaning. They provide a sleek and contemporary look, enhancing the overall ambiance of the bathroom.
- Kitchen Backsplashes: Slim tiles (5mm to 7mm) are often used for kitchen backsplashes, adding a modern touch to the kitchen while being easy to clean and maintain.
2. Commercial Spaces:
- Commercial Flooring: In commercial areas such as restaurants, hotels, or retail spaces, where high foot traffic is expected, thick tiles (15mm to 20mm) are employed for flooring due to their ability to endure heavy usage and maintain their appearance over time.
- Exterior Cladding: Thick tiles are utilized for exterior cladding, providing both a functional and aesthetically appealing façade for commercial buildings. Their durability and resistance to harsh weather conditions make them an excellent choice.
- Shopping Malls and Public Spaces: Areas that experience a significant number of visitors, like shopping malls, airports, or public transportation stations, benefit from the durability and longevity of thick tiles. They can endure heavy foot traffic while still maintaining a polished look.
3. Outdoor Areas:
- Patios and Gardens: Thick tiles (15mm to 20mm) are ideal for patios, garden paths, and outdoor seating areas. They can withstand exposure to the elements and are resistant to fading, ensuring a long-lasting, attractive outdoor surface.
- Driveways: The heavy traffic tiles (15mm to 20mm) are well-suited for driveways due to their ability to bear the weight of vehicles and endure constant use without losing their structural integrity.
- Pool Surrounds: Thick tiles are a safe and attractive choice for pool surrounds, providing a slip-resistant surface and withstanding exposure to water and pool chemicals.
4. Industrial Settings:
- Industrial Flooring: In factories, warehouses, or workshops where heavy machinery and equipment are used, thick tiles (15mm to 20mm thickness) provide a durable and easy-to-clean flooring solution, capable of withstanding substantial loads.
- Processing Areas: In areas where chemical resistance and durability are paramount, such as laboratories or processing units, thicker tiles offer a suitable flooring option.
Advantages of 2 cm Thick Tiles
Understanding the specific requirements of each application and choosing the appropriate thickness of tiles ensures that they perform optimally in terms of both functionality and aesthetics, enhancing the overall appeal and longevity of the space.
2 cm thick tiles, also known as 20mm thick tiles, offer several advantages that make them a popular choice for various applications. Here are some key advantages:
- Durability and Strength:
- 2 cm thick tiles are significantly stronger and more durable compared to standard thickness tiles. Their robust construction enables them to withstand heavy loads and high traffic areas, making them ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- These thick tiles are versatile and can be used for a wide range of applications, including flooring, wall cladding, countertops, driveways, and patios. Their versatility allows for seamless integration into different design styles and architectural projects.
- Resistant to Breakage:
- The increased thickness provides enhanced resistance to breakage and chipping, making them an excellent choice for areas where there is a higher risk of impact or stress, such as outdoor spaces or commercial settings.
- Low Maintenance:
- 2 cm thick tiles are relatively low maintenance, requiring less frequent replacements and repairs due to their durability. They are easy to clean and maintain, making them a convenient choice for busy households and commercial spaces.
- Weather Resistance:
- These tiles are suitable for outdoor applications as they are highly resistant to adverse weather conditions like extreme temperatures, rain, and frost. This weather resistance ensures the longevity and integrity of the tiles in outdoor settings.
- Design Flexibility:
- Despite their thickness, 2 cm tiles come in a wide range of designs, patterns, and finishes. This provides design flexibility, allowing you to achieve the desired aesthetic for your space while benefiting from the tile’s durability.
- Environmentally Friendly:
- Investing in thick tiles can be environmentally friendly. The long lifespan of these tiles means fewer replacements over time, reducing the overall environmental impact associated with tile production and disposal.
- Easier Installation:
- While the thickness may seem daunting, modern installation methods and tools have evolved to accommodate 2 cm thick tiles. Contractors are well-equipped to handle the installation, ensuring a smooth and efficient process.
- Increased Property Value:
- Utilizing 2 cm thick tiles in your property can add value due to their durability, aesthetic appeal, and versatile applications. Potential buyers often see the long-term benefits associated with thick tiles, making your property more attractive in the market.
How to maintain Thick porcelain Tiles?
Proper maintenance and care of thick tiles are crucial to ensure their longevity, appearance, and functionality. Here are essential tips to maintain and care for thick tiles effectively:
1. Regular Cleaning:
- Sweep or Vacuum: Regularly sweep or vacuum the tiled area to remove dust, dirt, and debris. This prevents scratching and maintains the surface’s appearance.
- Mop with Mild Detergent: Use a damp mop with a mild detergent solution to clean the tiles. Avoid harsh chemicals that can damage the tile’s surface.
- Grout Cleaning: Keep the grout clean by using a grout cleaner and a soft brush. Stains and discoloration on grout can make the entire tiled surface look dirty.
2. Stain and Spill Management:
- Immediate Cleanup: Wipe spills and stains immediately to prevent them from penetrating the tile or grout. This is particularly important for porous tiles.
- Use Neutral pH Cleaners: For tough stains, use neutral pH cleaners recommended for your tile type. Avoid acidic or abrasive cleaners that can harm the tile surface.
- Seal the Grout: Apply a grout sealer to protect the grout from stains and moisture. Reapply the sealer periodically as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Seal Porous Tiles: If your tiles are porous, consider applying a suitable tile sealer to prevent staining and enhance their resistance to moisture and spills.
4. Preventing Scratches and Damage:
- Felt Pads: Place felt pads or protective coasters under heavy furniture to prevent scratches or damage to the tile surface.
- Avoid Abrasive Tools: When cleaning, avoid using abrasive tools or scrub brushes that can scratch the tiles. Opt for soft cloths or mops.
5. Regular Maintenance Checks:
- Inspect for Damage: Regularly inspect your tiles for any cracks, chips, or loose grout. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage.
- Regrouting: If you notice deteriorating grout, consider regrouting to maintain the structural integrity and appearance of the tiled surface.
6. Protection Against Weather:
- Outdoor Tiles: If you have thick tiles in outdoor areas, ensure they are suitable for outdoor use and have been sealed properly to withstand varying weather conditions.
7. Professional Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Periodic Professional Cleaning: Consider professional tile and grout cleaning services periodically, especially for high-traffic areas or when stains become challenging to remove.
- Grout Repair and Restoration: Engage professionals for grout repair and restoration to maintain the integrity and aesthetics of your tiled surface.
What is Porosity of Thick tiles in porcelain and Ceramic body?
Porosity is a measure of how porous a material is, typically expressed as a percentage. In the context of ceramic and porcelain tiles, it refers to the amount of open space or pores within the tile’s structure. These pores can affect the tile’s absorption of water, stains, and other substances. Lower porosity indicates less absorption and higher density, which is often desired in certain applications, especially in flooring and areas prone to moisture exposure.
- Porcelain Tiles:
- Porcelain tiles are known for their low porosity, typically ranging from 0.1% to 0.5%. This indicates that porcelain tiles are highly dense and less absorbent, making them highly resistant to water, stains, and other liquids. Due to their low porosity, they are suitable for high-moisture areas like bathrooms, kitchens, and outdoor installations.
- Ceramic Tiles:
- Ceramic tiles have a slightly higher porosity compared to porcelain tiles. Porosity for ceramic tiles typically ranges from 0.5% to 5%. While they are still relatively low in porosity, they may be more susceptible to absorbing liquids compared to porcelain. However, modern ceramic tiles often have improved glazing and sealing to reduce porosity and enhance resistance to moisture and stains.
It’s important to note that these porosity values can vary based on the specific composition, manufacturing process, and quality of the tile. Additionally, various tile manufacturers may have their own specifications and standards regarding porosity. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications for accurate information on a particular tile’s porosity and suitability for your intended application.
Where can you buy thick tiles?
Are you searching for tiles that embody both strength and elegance for your upcoming project? Look no further than Ramirro Ceramica’s premium collection of thick tiles, ranging from 5mm to 20mm. Our tiles are meticulously crafted to blend durability with aesthetic appeal, making them the perfect choice for a variety of applications. Whether you’re renovating your home, designing a commercial space, or enhancing your outdoor landscape, our extensive range of thickness options allows you to find the ideal match for your needs. With slim tiles offering a modern, sleek look and heavy traffic tiles ensuring resilience in bustling areas, Ramirro Ceramica provides versatile solutions to transform any space. Explore the durability and style of our thick tiles – a testament to quality and craftsmanship that stands the test of time. Choose Ramirro Ceramica and elevate your design vision with tiles that epitomize durability, sophistication, and lasting beauty. To learn more – Contact our tiling experts for Free!
Why Should You Trust us?
Here’s what you get out of our article. Our team have various Ceramic Experts with experience of more than 25 Years, researches on problems our customer faces in tiling industry.
Ramirro Ceramica, – One of The Leading Tiles Manufacturer and Supplier globally, helps you people gain knowledgeable insight before making your purchase decision for products related to the floor and wall tiles.
So, we have closely monitored all kinds of trends in the ceramic tiles manufacturing world, from the old days of clay and plain color to modern digital, realistic-looking designs printed on ceramics with high-depth effects.
Our tiling Experts have seen thousands of different tiles patterns, sizes, materials, pricing, and installation techniques throughout their career.
Their expertise shared with you in simplified and organised way, helps you choose and make better decision before purchasing any flooring option available in market.
Brief about Company:
Ramirro is one of the finest Tiles manufacturers in India manufacturing porcelain and ceramic tiles. Our products have a variety of sizes and types of tiles ranging from Ceramics, porcelain, Full body etc. This helps you choose the perfect fit for your project. Plus, our collection will help you get inspiration from the architect’s design.
Here’s some more helpful links that showcase our users trust on Ramirro Ceramica Brand:
Here’s our social proof by LinkedIn competing with top known global tiling brands:
Explore more at Ramirro.com
- 600×1200 tiles | 2×4 ft porcelain tiles | 14+ Things you …
- Angel Jasper Porcelain Kitchen Marble slab | 18mm Thick
- ESSEL BROWN – Solid Color Plain Slab Tiles
- JET BLACK GLAZE – Solid Color Plain Slab Tiles – Ramirro
- NORDIC CEMENT – Concrete Slab Tiles
- ORION CREMA – Cream Concrete Look Tiles
- Sage Ossido Glossy Series | Running Color Ceramic …
- Buy Slim Tiles: 5mm, 7mm Thickness | 156+ Design
- Best Tiles in South America | Ceramic Floor & Wall …